Charleston Barberitos Partners with Holy City Hogs to serve Special Pulled Pork Tacos and Help Recently Unemployed
Burrito chain hosting event on Wednesday, March 25, beginning at 11 am
CHARLESTON, SC (March 24, 2020) – Barberitos in Charleston is partnering with Tank Jackson from Holy City Hogs to provide one-day-only special tacos at the Barberitos on 1739 Maybank Hwy. Kory Kitchens, Charleston Franchisee of Barberitos, and Jackson were looking to cook up some interesting food options, while supporting each other and others impacted in the food & beverage industry.
Beginning at 11:00 am (and while supplies last) there are two unique offerings:
- Holy City Hog Chorizo Taco – A single, tasty taco, along with chips and salsa, will be given for FREE to anyone who has been impacted during the recent layoffs in the food & beverage industry. Simply ask upon arrival.
- Holy City Hog Pulled Pork – For only $7.99, guests can add the savory pulled pork to any entrée, whether it’s two tacos or burritos, salad or nachos. This combo of Holy City Hog pork and Barberitos fixings will be accompanied with chips and salsa.
Ordering options available to Barberitos guests include:
- Mobile App – The app offers a location finder, online ordering and the ability to request curbside delivery (this option is not available for special Holy City Hog items).
- Curbside Delivery – Team member will bring to-go orders to the car. Guests can also select curbside service online via Barberitos.com.
- Delivery Services – Call the local restaurant to learn which delivery services that specific franchise location is offering.
“The Barberitos team in Charleston is committed to serving our community,” said Kitchens. “We are in this together and are making every effort to stay open during these uncertain times so our loyal team members have a paycheck now and, hopefully, in the future.”
Holy City Hogs is a family-run operation based in Wadmalaw Island. Jackson raises pigs who live their entire lives outside. The flavors of the Earth, roots, grasses, seasonal produce, grains and acorn mast give its pork products an undeniable advantage in taste and quality that is not experienced from a hog raised on concrete indoors. Holy City Hogs is part of a farming cooperative comprised of many farms throughout the Southeast.
Barberitos is a Southwestern Grille dedicated to serving farm-fresh, high-quality food in a fast-casual restaurant environment. In addition to the pulled pork, many of the restaurant’s menu items are prepared or cooked in-house daily, including hand-smashed guacamole, homemade salsas, fresh-cut vegetables as well as chicken, steak, turkey, tofu, rice and beans.
For more information about Barberitos, the company’s food, health information, locations, franchise opportunities and its commitment to people and community, please visit www.barberitos.com. To learn more about Holy City Hogs, please visit www.holycityhogs.com.
# # #
About Barberitos Southwestern Grille and Cantina
Barberitos has a mission to serve others with a focus on Food, Community and People. Through exceptional service, Barberitos aspires to become the market leader of the quick-serve burrito industry. The chain is dedicated to serving fresh, high-quality food in an efficient manner. With a focus on farm-fresh food, many of the restaurants’ menu items are prepared or cooked in-house daily, including hand-smashed guacamole, home-made salsas, fresh-cut vegetables as well as chicken, steak, turkey, tofu, fish, pork, rice and beans. Founded in 2000 by Downing Barber, Barberitos has grown to 50 locations in seven southeastern states. In 2017, Nation’s Restaurant News included the chain in its “Next Restaurant Brands” list. For more information about the company or franchising opportunities, please visit www.Barberitos.com.